Week 7

  The learning objectives for this week focused on how the social photo places people in and outside of the work. They can exist in each dichotomy and I think my video for this week really exemplifies this. The video follows my usual format of asking a question, which for this week was “What is something you wish you knew five years ago?” in this way this places the subject in the work because they are answering a question about themselves but it also puts them outside the work because they are thinking about a past version of themselves. Additionally in the video I feature clips of them moving in the present time but also photos of them in the past. In this way it is placing them in and out of the work. For this week, I really focused on perspective and who the point of view of the song is and who they are singing to. 


Comments

  1. I think it's super interesting how you think of different points of view that are looking at your work from an outside or inside perspective as I thought about it more as some sort of immediate/private or external experience you go through in a specific moment in time. The nostalgia of the past clips in combination with the present ones kind of makes your video seem like a documentary, which I think is really unique in a music video format.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Texture

Friends Not Dancing