week 10- Final Wrap up

 I began this term with the hope of doing ten separate interviews and making music videos from all of those people. In the end I only ended up doing that 3 times partly because of covid but also partly because of the experience that I had in doing this. I loved doing it and interacting with my friends and connecting with them but it felt somewhat disingenuous at one point because the music started to feel like I was filling in the blanks for what they weren't saying. I do not think I  overstepped any boundaries and I told them going in that what they tell me is up for interpretation but it began to feel invasive and honestly just difficult. I love to songwrite but the songs I was creating for these videos while I felt like they were passable were not songs that I would ever perform or show anyone. I would make them in like an hour and they were sweet and fun but they did not really reflect my ability as a songwriter. I think overall the effect of the project is very wholesome especially for the people that know these individuals but I did not produce any music that I am particularly proud of. Except for the instances in which I combined my work for my songwriting class, I am very proud of the video I did about my Dad. I ended up finishing that song and recording it and it now has a couple hundred views on youtube. So in that way I am proud. I think this class has made me way more comfortable with showing my art even if I dont think it's a 10/10 amazing song. At least it represents something and is consistently new and fresh. My last post for this term ended up being a video that was quite disjointed and sharing a song that I have previously written called “guts out” which i feel like is a really great way to describe the work I have done in this class, I feel like in many ways I have bared so many parts of myself. I have been very vulnerable and had my “guts out.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Friends Not Dancing

Texture