Friends Not Dancing

 The title of this project is called "Friends Not Dancing" because it will comprise of my friends and strangers who will become friends and they will not be dancing! The idea behind this project is that each week I will ask my subject, who may be a friend or who may not, a thought provoking question. This first week I decided on the question, "What was a time you felt truly understood?" Then I record their response via voice memo, I take what they tell me and turn it into a song through my own interpretation. The song includes sound bytes from the voice memo. Then I create a video using short clips of them and the surrounding area to create a sort of music video. 


This project is appropriate for social media because its a visual way to represent peoples stories through music. I am also excited for the challenge that it presents, that it will always have to be new and entirely made up. I am excited to connect with other creators and see if others are doing something to me. I am not artistically inclined in the sense of fine art or particularly good with a camera so I hope the music and the creation of the music videos can work together well enough to create something unique and artistic. 

Comments

  1. Hi Kate! From what I've see of your art (admittedly not a whole lot) you seem to have a really strong sense of purpose and focus on your subject matter. I see in your blog this same drive, and so I really look forward to see how this class impacts and affects your songwriting and photography. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Texture