Week 5, Patterns

 The reading for this week centered around the idea of patterns and repetition. The text states,”By understanding how to produce patterns, designers learn how to weave complexity out of elementary structures participating in the world's most ancient and prevalent artistic practice.” (185) This sentence about sums up what I have gathered the chapter to be about. It seems that patterns by nature are simplistic and elementary but the ways in which artists are able to manipulate them makes them anything but that. They can use so many complex techniques to make infinite new possibilities. This is obviously a little difficult to make fit for what I am doing in this class but I am hoping to incorporate it in an abstract way. I had covid this past week so I was unable again to interview someone and make a new song but I am putting together another original song regarding my own life. The song will be about patterns of behavior in my life, which in an abstract way relates to the reading. In the way that, the things im singing about are simple but when the patterns are written about they create something more complex and less elementary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Friends Not Dancing

Texture