Week 9- Reflections of Self

 This week was a lot about self reflection but in the sense of literal reflections and how they are captured on film. I took this interpretation as self reflection as in reflecting on past behavior. So the song that I wrote for this week was all about examining the past versions of myself and how I feel like those reflections are dead. As much as they literally are because I do not look the same and arguably everytime your reflection is not actively being reflected it dies, it is metaphorically dead because I feel like I have changed so much in the past two years. I used videos of myself from a different time in my life when I felt like I was not being authentic and was too concerned about my own reflection. That is probably why I have so many videos of myself from that time because I needed to examine the way that I looked all the time. So the video that I have created feels a bit haunting to me because I feel so disconnected from that person it does almost feel like that person is dead, the reflection isn’t real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Texture

Friends Not Dancing